By Scott Rogers, guest blogger and writer/director/actor, "Stay for the Cake," an evening of one-acts about the creative life. Hosted by Portland Actors Conservatory, "Stay for the Cake" is the debut production of The Montgomery Street Players, a new all-PAC-alum performance group featuring Sarah Farrell, Maria Aparo, Elizabeth Calhoun, Robby Lundergan, Tom Mounsey, Scott Rogers, Vinnie Duyck, and Phoebe Smallwood. The show runs Friday through Sunday, Oct. 30-Nov. 15, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets, only $10, can be purchased here.
1. Bakery Bar is supplying the cakes for all shows.
2. Tickets are only $10 because we think Hamilton is the sexiest president on US currency.
3. Nearly a baker’s dozen of PAC alums are on the stage, in the director’s chair and managing the production.
4. Review 2500 years of theater history.
5. Get the scoop on what the Brothers Grimm actually did in their spare time.
7. The title is more than an invitation; it’s a command!
8. There’s cross-dressing.
9. There’s a sword fight.
10. Paul Graham doesn’t know (yet) that he’s being portrayed on the stage.
11. Collectable programs. Collect all three.
12. See what happens when a cease and desist order is served mid-show.
13. Axes, saws and at least one bloody apron.
15. We’re listed in the Oregonian, Willamette Week and The Portland Mercury – reputable and respected publications.
16. It’s the first show produced as part of PAC’s Alumni Performance Program.
17. Learn how to argue more effectively with people.
18. Get inside, and escape the rain.
19. You're very close to a 405 entrance ramp in case you need to flee the area quickly.
20. The show is in an old firehouse. You will be safe. Well, you’ll be safer than if the show was performed in an active, 19th Century lumber mill.
21. We swept the floors and cleaned the toilets.
22. Come see what makes us laugh, even after working on it for weeks.
23. Help PAC celebrate its 25th year.
24. More than likely, you’ll get to eat cake (diet restrictions and personal beliefs about cake aside).
25. It would absolutely delight us to do the show for you.